Software Customer Support Engineer — Level 1 & 2
Full Time, W2 with benefits
Flexible, telecommute, locations along the west coast preferred
Skill and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science or related field
- 2 years+ software customer support experience would be a bonus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service through installation, training and maintenance of software.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to second or third level in accordance with company processes.
- Work with customer or customer support contacts to resolve technical problems with software.
- Maintain overall ownership of a user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive a resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all service calls.
- Manage service requests, software installations, new setups, upgrades, etc.
- Record support progress, update, resolutions in the Help Desk.
- Prioritize enhancement requests to development team, and drive resolution on escalated customer issues, and address customer needs through the defined processes.
- Perform effective diagnosis, troubleshooting of software issues
- Real time technical documentation including but not limited to: writing articles, creating wiki pages, operational protocols, demonstration videos etc.
- Custom interface programming and maintenance
- Testing new features/releases
- Along with other members of the support team, Employee shall provide after business hours on-call on a schedule to be arranged.
- Ability to handle customer complaints and communicate to the appropriate manager
- Other required duties as assigned
- Highly motivated, responsible individuals with outstanding customer service skills in a remote working environment
- Ability to work independently and to work with a remote team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technically dense issues to an audience that may not have in-depth technical knowledge, understanding what technical information to say and how to say it to the customer.
- Fast learner, excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Based on qualifications and experience, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation time, employer sponsored 401K.
- At least two independent and recent references are required.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and most recent CV to HR@onepacs.com